If you’re looking for a fun (and easy) breakfast recipe for the kids then this is it! If you have a jar of sprinkles just laying around this is perfect and pretty simple to make!
FUNFETTI PANCAKES (makes about a dozen small pancakes)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg separated
- 1 milk + 1 tablespoon of coconut vinegar (or you can use butter milk)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- Mix all dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl add milk + vinegar + egg white
- In another bowl add yolk with canola oil
- Mix all wet ingredients together.
- Mix wet & dry ingredients together.
FUNFETTI (VEGAN) PANCAKES
- 1 cup plant-based yogurt (can be replaced with sparkling water)
- 1 cup almond milk (any plant milk will do) I LOVE Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 cup flour (I use almond or coconut)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- coconut oil for frying
- and of course…SPRINKLES!
- Whisk all the ingredients together until they are well combined.
- Heat a pancake pan on medium heat, make sure the pan is hot enough before starting to cook the pancakes. You may need to adjust the heat during the cooking. Too hot will make the pancakes to stick to the pan and to turn out mushy as they will not have enough time to cook through.
- Grease the hot pan with ½ tsp coconut oil.
- Pour about ⅓ of a cup of the batter into the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes until the pancake starts to set from the middle.
- Flip and bake for another two minutes.
- Serve hot with your favorite toppings.
**TIP: If you put the sprinkles in the pancake batter the sprinkles WILL DISOLVE. I put a few in the batter and then when I poured the batter onto my griddle I added more sprinkles.
Lastly add some whipped cream and a few sprinkles on top and ENJOY!